Why should you recruit global talent?
Global Mobility is a great advantage available to companies to strengthen their operations by drawing on a diverse pool of talents required to succeed in today's business environment.
Hiring international talent makes sound business sense.
When you look for talent all over the world, you increase the possibility of finding the best talent from global markets. In Sweden there is currently a shortage of skills in certain occupations. One solution is to recruit from other countries.
International recruitment also has other advantages.
- Strengthening ‘Diversity’ is regarded very favourably as it brings benefits on several levels such as access to alternative ways of thinking.
- New recruits, with their experience of other countries and business climates, are able to see an operation in new ways and use different approaches to solve problems and develop products.
- The language skills and market knowledge a recruit from another country possesses provides a company with new ways to enter potential markets.
- If your company is considering a new export market, there is much to be gained by getting hold of local knowledge about customers and competitors, especially when it comes to the spoken and unspoken rules of business life.
Shortage occupations 2017
There are also purely human aspects – a job in another country means new experiences, new knowledge and a chance to grow. What's more, whether the person is from a neighbouring country or the other side of the world, bridges are built between cultures and people. It arouses curiosity and broadens horizons.
Isn't it cool to see your business through someone else's eyes and realise your ideas make the grade?
Emma Rozada, Chief Design Officer, The Techno Creatives:
“Customers value expertise from different parts of the world”
“When we recruit, we’re looking for the very best individuals. And they’re found all over the world; they’re not tied to a particular place or education. We're looking for a mindset, for problem-solvers who think in a particular way. Once we find the right people, they also have very positive impact on the company. Often these individuals also possess the best skills available, and when we have the right individuals we get the opportunity to create an incredibly good, close-knit team.
We have 15 different nationalities working with us. Recruiting in this manner creates the feel of a university town with a close-knit team that not only works well at work, but also gets together in the evenings and weekends. For people moving here – a place where they have no existing network – the workplace becomes their community. The strong bonds this creates between employees means everyone takes care of each other. For example, every new recruit is appointed a sponsor who picks them up at the airport, organises a welcome kit, goes along with them to IKEA and helps them with introductions. As individuals, we all grow with responsibility, and when everyone has been in the same boat, lending a helping hand comes naturally.
Another major advantage of recruiting internationally is that our customers appreciate our possessing skills from different parts of the world. Right now we’re working with the Chinese automotive market, and it makes things so much easier to have people in the team who come from China.“
Three positive effects
- Diversity means stronger powers for innovation
- Opens doors to new export markets
- New perspectives and insights into other cultures